In my last article, I introduced Evisu designer denim brand.
Today, I’ll be sharing with you on my findings on how to differentiate between the originals and fakes of Evisu Genes so that you won’t end up being cheated by the fakers, especially on Ebay!
So, here are the things to look out for:
1. ALL Evisu tags have the word “jeans” spelled as “genes”.
2. The front button on Evisu jeans MUST, and only have “Evisu” written on it. No china man, godhead or just blank!
3. All raw Evisu jeans have vintage selvedge(double stitched inseams). Under no circumstances should the selvedge on any Evisu jeans be missing. There must be no cotton sewn as the authentic Evisu colors by the selvedge are the color of the cotton.
4. The hem cuff stiching should be a gold colored chain stitching and not single stitching.
5. Most Evisu jeans usually have orange and yellow stitching around the jeans.
6. As a designer product, Evisu jeans features fine craftsmanship. The stitching should be straight, strong and neat.
7. Most Evisu jeans have two tags attached. One tag attached to the right rear pocket while the second one is on the waist on the back left side of the jeans. The tag has words “Evisu Genes” written and a picture of a man painting Evisu logo on a pair of jeans.
8. The patch on the back should be made of leather.
9. Evisu sometimes don’t even have a number on the back, which doesn’t mean it is a fake. You can see the numbers on the leather patch at the back right side.
10. Evisu jeans for men all must come with 4 or 5 buttons so if you see one with a zipper then it is most likely fake.
1. Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it really is. There is not such thing as cheap Evisu’s.
2. China do produce genuine Evisu under license but NOT Thailand.
There are still a lot more details on the jeans to spot the real deal and the fakes. If you are still unsure about the authenticity of an Evisu item, just head down to their store or website! Evisu offers free validation service!